Monday, May 19, 2008

Canopy Scarf and the Evilness of Socks


The sock, it frustrates me. My heel turn, which I figured out by myself (okay with the help of More Sensational Socks) is not centered. But but but I don't want to pull it out, so I have set it aside for a little while.
My Canopy scarf is still ongoing. See picture above? That's it. Okay, so I stink at pictures, but that at least gives you an idea.

I've also started a Noro sock yarn scarf, and again I made up my own pattern (well, sort of). I swiped the Vertical Eyelets pattern from More Sensational Socks, and changed rows 1 & 3 to read p4, k1 instead of k4, p1. In my brilliance, I kinda forgot that I needed to reverse as well. But it still looks good, and with only 4 pattern repeats, it's a lovely lacy thin scarf. That's going to a friend of mine, because the colors make her happy and the wool's too rough for me. I'll still need to figure out what to do with the rest of the skein. I've only used one color repeat, and it's about 3 feet long, and there's a ton more repeats in the 400+ yard plus skein.

I picked up the Kaigo? pattern book at Hancock for 5 dollars. I may never make anything out of it, but the pictures are lovely. And a whole book of laceweight stuff? Yay!

No comments: