I finally took the plunge and tried on the Ambrosia top last night. Well...
I'll try to head over to Lovin' Knits and see what they suggest. If it was a pullover, I'd probably just add a lace panel to cover and provide modesty, then add more decreases at the waist. With a cardigan, I dunno how I'd make that work. I could certainly add more waist decreases, but that doesn't solve the problem of a neckline that's trying hard to be a waistline instead.
In other news, I finished my first Elegant Ribbed Gauntlet, except for the thumb. I need to cast on for the second one, but I got distracted (shocking, I know) by the Ice Christmas socks. Worked on them for the first time in months last night, and the second one now has a heel flap and turn! I also finished the scarf a while ago, and am really happy with it.
Current plans are to:
1. Fix ambrosia. Or frog and restart.
2. Finish Ice Christmas sock.
3. Do second gauntlet and write up pattern.
4. Find the two other wip socks I have floating around here. Frog or finish them.
5. Ignore urge to cast on more socks.