Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oops...

I finally took the plunge and tried on the Ambrosia top last night.  Well...
So much for um, not flashing people.  Or fitting.  I was knitting the medium size, and had started the neckline rows earlier, but that hasn't helped.  I'm not quite sure what to do at this point.  Maybe pull back to the raglan increases and switch to the small size?  Or just pull it all out and start fresh with the small size?  Or pull it all out and go to a smaller needle?  Color of pic is slightly off, as I took it with my computer's webcam (it's the easiest way to take pictures of myself).

I'll try to head over to Lovin' Knits and see what they suggest.  If it was a pullover, I'd probably just add a lace panel to cover and provide modesty, then add more decreases at the waist.  With a cardigan, I dunno how I'd make that work.  I could certainly add more waist decreases, but that doesn't solve the problem of a neckline that's trying hard to be a waistline instead.

In other news, I finished my first Elegant Ribbed Gauntlet, except for the thumb.  I need to cast on for the second one, but I got distracted (shocking, I know) by the Ice Christmas socks.  Worked on them for the first time in months last night, and the second one now has a heel flap and turn!  I also finished the scarf a while ago, and am really happy with it.

Current plans are to:
1. Fix ambrosia.  Or frog and restart.
2. Finish Ice Christmas sock.
3. Do second gauntlet and write up pattern.
4. Find the two other wip socks I have floating around here.  Frog or finish them.
5. Ignore urge to cast on more socks.

1 comment:

flyngmunky said...

cast on more socks!