Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oooh, look, FOs! and WIPs too!

First off, we have a pair of socks that have been a loong time coming. Yup, I finally finished the Ice Christmas socks (aka Eunice from Cookie A's sock book). I added a repeat to the leg, and um, they look good. Not a huge fan of the yarn (Knit Picks Imagination), since I prefer my sock yarn more tightly spun, but they look good.


 Then we have a WIP, the Anniversary socks from Favorite Socks, in Ella Rae Lace Merino. While not technically a sock yarn, it's the right weight and is a dream to knit with. I started these on Monday, and am already on the foot. Pattern looks complicated but isn't really, but do watch out for the errata!


 Another FO, this one completed back in August. This is a really simple knit, co 60 stitches, work the Elegant Ribbed pattern from the Elegant Ribbed Stockings from Favorite Knits, and just remember to do a thumb. The nice thing about these is that there's no left or right hand. And yes, I made up the pattern myself. The yarn is Ella Rae Lace Merino again, and I used less than half the skein. Thinking of making a cowl with the rest....


 And a WIP, Peach Roam. Ambrosia got frogged, and since it's finally getting vaguely cooler I thought a cardigan would be nice. Enter Roam. I like the linen stitch, and it's a pretty brainless knit. This is important, since I've had a migraine for almost two weeks now and brainless is about all I can manage.


 And another FO. A pair of socks (yes, there's only one in the picture, but I promise there are two and they're both done). This is from More Sensational Socks, done in Berroco Comfort. It's a 4 stitch repeat, and right now I can't remember what it's called.  Anyway, this was the fastest I've ever knit a pair of socks, since they got done in 2 weeks flat.

No comments: