Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hey, look, pictures...

First, my finished blue jeans lace leaf shawl....

Next, a really bad picture of the Adamas...

Third, the edge of the blue jeans shawl...


In other random news, I've given up on A Handsome Triangle

since I don't like the lace pattern with the yarn, and even though the indifference to decrease slants may be period-correct, I don't like the look of it much. So instead (in a possible sign of insanity) decided to design and knit my own triangular shawl. As of right now I'm on the second lace repeat, and quite like it. It looks better with the yarn, and it's easier for me to knit because I know the lace pattern really well (it's the one from the Falling Water scarf) and it has the nice reverse-stockinette lines to act as stitch markers.

If I actually succeed in making this pattern work, I'll stick it up here.

No comments: