Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm a bad blogger

I have been knitting, but I quit my job, got heavily into World of Warcraft, and well, talking about knitting kinda fell by the wayside.

I've made my first pair of socks, the shell socks from Knitter's Guide to Yarn, and they don't fit right. Too much fabric in the heel. Very comfy aside from that, and at some point I will brave snipping the knitting and kitchering it back together. I've never cut knitting before, nor have I kitchered, so that'll be slightly panicky.

As far as wips I've already talked about...
the Swallowtail is hibernating.
The shades of grey peacock has been frogged. It's a lovely pattern and I would heartly recommend it to a new lace knitter (3 rest rows to one lace row make it easy to tink back or frog back as needed), but I need a bit more challenge with my lace. I've cannibalized the yarn and it will become the Lehe Shawl from Knitted Lace of Estonia.
The Falling Waters shawl is done, and needs to be blocked.
The Canopy scarf is still a wip. I'm not sure at this point if I want to finish it, or use the yarn for something else.

New WIPs coming in another post, with pictures. It may be a day or so. I just had surgery last week, so moving fast isn't my forte right now.

No comments: