Monday, June 16, 2008

Victory is MINE!

After frogging, redoing, having the same problem, frogging again, and then actually bothering to count the number of stitches in my heel flap and finding out I was way off (I had 46 and thought I had 52), I managed to do a centered heel flap. And then I managed to pick up stitches for the gusset decreases with only a couple of holes. I DID IT! I DID IT! Of course now I have a ton of stitches to decrease, and I kinda made things up as I went along there (book was confusing), so this sock may end up with a gusset decrease that's half the foot. Oh well.

In other knitting-related news, I am signing up for Seasons of Lace. This may end up being a complete disaster, since I haven't really done any lace except the sock yarn scarf. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, and plus, it's only yarn. Frogging is my friend. Off to find my first project (I'm leaning towards the Wine and Roses fingerless mitts). But then again I have some lovely alpaca that I need to do something with, and it's perfect for lace. So, we shall see.

No comments: